From this moment Live Now charity foundation is shifting to remote working until the end of quarantine due to the COVID pandemic.
Lev Brylev, Medical Director:
- People with ALS are under big threat now because of COVID for their breathing problems. But I ask all families, where such patients live, not to panic and simply take precautionary measures: please, try not to attend pubic places, wash your hands and try to avoid physical contacts with other people.
Most of our employees had worked from home before the pandemic started. Nevertheless we have decided to make some more changes in our work process to prevent the risk of harming our patients:
- From now on we are cancelling all our charitable and entertaining offline-events
- All of our employees will work from home now
- We are minimizing contacts between employees and patients — all of our consulting work will be conducted virtually (by the phone, in Skype or in Zoom)
- We are cancelling volunteers’ visits of our patients
We know how important it is for our patients to feel our support. We will do everything for these changes not to affect the amount of our help to people with ALS and their families.